🍂Butternut Squash Soup Recipe for All the #FALLVIBES🍁
Updated: Oct 3
THIS recipe guarantees fall sensations and is ez on the #budget as well as the waistline.
1 large butternut squash
3 tablespoons butter 4 garlic cloves minced 1 onion large diced 4 cups chicken broth 2 celery stalks
4 carrots peeled, rough chopped 1 small apple peeled, cored and chopped ½ teaspoon dried thyme or 1-2 sprigs fresh 2 bay leaves 1 sage leaf 1 cup Trader Joe's coconut creamer Add salt and pepper to taste Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) from Trader Joe’s either seasoned or unseasoned. Trader Joe’s Coconut Creamer
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel, and scoop out inside of squash. Cut butternut squash into large pieces.
2. Drop squash pieces onto foil lined sheet pan (ez clean up) with enough EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) to coat everything and sprinkle with S&P. Roast for 50-60 mins until the squash is fork tender.
3. While squash in oven, add the celery apple, carrots, onion, garlic and spices to a large pot with butter and sauté until onion is translucent. Add chicken stock to the large soup pot with veggies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer un-covered for about 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
4. Add roasted Squash when finished cooking to fork tender in the oven. Remove pot from heat (discard thyme stem, bay leaf, and sage leaf). Blend until smooth with an emersion blender or add veggies, squash and apples to a large standard blender (being careful to blend slowly in pitcher in batches because heat expands and creates pressure in blender which could blow the lid off the pitcher causing a mess and possible injury. I blended in small batches in standard blender and it was fine).
5. Return blended mixture to large soup pot and bring back to a simmer, stir in coconut creamer to taste (for a smoother consistency), and salt and pepper.
6. When serving, top with a chiffonade of basil, seasoned pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and a light sprinkling of feta cheese or Parmesan (If lactose not a problem) with a drizzle of your best EVOO!